Created in 2015, Open Circle LLC is a cultural activities center based in Brevard County. Its purpose is to introduce and share ways and ideas which will lead to the "re-connection" of members of the African diaspora to the motherland, allowing them to thrive.
Its mission is achieved through on-going study, research, instructor and artist invitation, workshops, projects and performance. For more information, visit facebook.com/welcometotheopencircle.
POSTPONED TO 2022
The "Taste of the Diaspora"
to Celebrate African Influence on
World Food and Culture
October 15, 2022
Open Circle LLC presents its very first "Taste of the Diaspora: Food. Flavour. Soul." Food Festival, on October 15, 2022 in Titusville. Guests will enjoy food sampling, entertainment, informative presentations, cooking demonstrations and more! Price is $25 (adults). Youth and group pricing is available.
CLICK to enlarge, print & share.
Classes take place on the first Tuesday of every month (thru June) at
the Gibson Center (Building H) at 6:00pm. Pre-registration is required.
Each of the seven days of Kwanzaa is dedicated to one of the following principles, as follows:
Kwanzaa celebratory symbols include a mat (Mkeka) on which other symbols are placed: a Kinara (candle holder), Mishumaa Saba (seven candles), mazao (crops), Muhindi (corn), a Kikombe cha Umoja (unity cup) for commemorating and giving shukrani (thanks) to African Ancestors, and Zawadi (gifts).
- Umoja (Unity): To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.
- Kujichagulia (Self-Determination): To define and name ourselves, as well as to create and speak for ourselves.
- Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems and to solve them together.
- Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics): To build and maintain our own stores, shops, and other businesses and to profit from them together.
- Nia (Purpose): To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
- Kuumba (Creativity): To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
- Imani (Faith): To believe with all our hearts in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
- 835 Sycamore Street, Titusville, FL 32780
Open Circle LLC is a cultural activities center based in Brevard County, FL
December 5, 2018