Titusville Garden Club
5275 Sisson Road
come grow with us . . .
Titusville, FL 32781-1783
28.547153 • -80.805886
The Titusville Garden Club, Inc.
Schedule of Morning Meetings
9:30am: Coffee Social; 10:00am: Meeting
Call 321-264-4266 for additional information.
An orchid from Carol's garden.
Since its organization in 1933, TGC has been an active organization in our community promoting:
- Protection of the environment
- Awareness of endangered species
- Clean up campaigns
- Landscaping of public buildings
- Junior gardeners groups
- Sale of trees, azaleas, daylilies native plants and other plants
- Getting Sand Point declared a bird sanctuary
- Floral arrangements at Astronaut High and Cape to honor Challenger crew
- Maintenance of Centennial Park
- Master Gardeners weekly plant clinics
- Sponsoring students to SEEK and Camp Wekiva
- Florida Arbor Day Involvement
- Maintenance of "Sherwood Estate" sign, landscaping of "Welcome to Titusville" signs, design for landscaping of medians on U.S. 1, upgrade of Triangle Park with new landscaping and a sprinkler system
- Miniature arrangements for Hospice
- Host to District VI Conferences
- Christmas decorations at the library, floral arrangements for public buildings for special events
- Conservation of our natural resources
- Master Gardeners soil testing
- Flower Shows
- Youth programs
- Historic preservation of LaGrange Church old cemeteries
- Trees for Habitat for Humanity homes
- Donations to:
- Nature Conservancy
- Tiger Creek Preserve
- Woodland Wildlife Sanctuary
- World Gardening
- Titusville Christmas Decorations
WEDDING GARDENS WITH GAZEBO
Having a graduation? A birthday party? A wedding?
Our newly renovated banquet hall and gazebo are ready to serve you.
Please call (321) 264-4266 to discuss your needs and plan your event.
Maximum occupancy: 100
Officers of TGC for 2017-2019
|Photo L-R: Recording Secretary: Donna Martin, Corresponding Sec.: Carol Herman, Treasurer: Ann Fleming, First Vice President: RoseAnn Herkenratt, Second Vice President: Carla Henn, President: Vicki Van Cott, (Not in photo - Parliamentarian: Shirley Marconyak)
Honoring Past Presidents of TGC, February 2016
Standing: Sarita Sachdev, Shirley Marconyak, Barbara Wilhelm, Georgia Kirby, Cathy Spencer
Seated: Carol Herman, Jackie Hope, Kathryn Rigell
Titusville Garden Club's
Blue Star Memorial Marker
Click to see all of the
historic markers in North Brevard.
The Blue Star Memorial Marker Program of the National Garden Clubs Inc. began in 1945 to honor men and women serving in the Armed Forces during World War II. The name was chosen for the stars on flags displayed in homes and businesses denoting a family member serving. Garden Clubs pictured a ribbon of living memorial plantings traversing every state. The designation of Blue Star Highways was achieved through petitions to the state legislatures and cooperation with the Departments of Transportation. A uniform marker was designed to identify the Highways.
The BlueStar Memorial Program grew to extend thousands of miles across continental U.S., Alaska and Hawaii. All men and women who have served, are serving, or will serve in the Armed Forces of the United States are included.
Markers continue to be dedicated each year on highways, Veterans' facilities, National Cemeteries, parks and civic and historic sites, showing our appreciation for those who defend our country.
The Titusville Garden Club in May of 1965 dedicated The Blue Star Memorial Marker on U.S.Highway1. It is currently located at the intersection of U.S.1 and Harrison St.