Canaveral National Seashore - National Park Service - Titusville, Florida - Primitive Backcountry Camping
Information Center: 7611 South Atlantic Avenue, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169 -- (386) 428-3384
Beach and Island Camping
North District - New Smyrna Beach
ISLAND CAMPING RULES
- Camping is not allowed on or beyond the sand dunes of the seashore.
- Litter must be removed from the campsite.
- No glass is allowed at the beach campsite.
- Campfires are permitted only within designated grills. Only dead or down wood can be used for campfires. Fires on the beach are permitted only within containers (hibachi, barbecue grill, chemical fuel stove. etc.)
- Pets must be on a leash, not more than 6 feet in length. Pets are prohibited on the beach.
- Sport fishing and the taking of shellfish are in accordance with State Regulations.
- Please do not feed or harm the animals or remove plant life within the Seashore; they are protected by Federal law.
- Firearms are prohibited within the park boundaries.
- All State Laws are enforced.
- A camper orientation will be given when a permit is issued at the Information Center at the New Smyrna Beach entrance.
- LEAVE NO TRACE
Island camping is available throughout the year. Beach camping is closed during sea turtle nesting season. Visitors may make reservations by calling the Visitor Information Center at (386) 428-3384 ext. 10. Reservations for beach and island camping are taken no more than seven days in advance. Permits may be obtained at the Visitor Information Center anytime prior to camping, but no later than 4:30 P.M. on the first reserved day.
Canoes are available for the first five island campsites at $25 per canoe per day. There is no RV or trailer camping. The thirteen available island campsites are primitive and visitors must bring everything they will need including firewood and water. If you do not have biodegradable toilet paper you will be asked to purchase some for $1 per roll.
Our Backcountry Camping brochure in PDF format.