Are you 60 years of age or older?
Housing Improvement Program
Do you own your own home?
The Seniors Assistance Program is here for you!!
The Seniors Assistance Housing Improvement Program has skilled handymen to provide assistance with minor home repairs or environmental modifications to help improve home accessibility and ensure the safety and security of elder homeowners.
Examples of the types of services offered include:
All handymen are skilled professionals who are background checked and convered by workman's compensation insurance.
- Installation of interior and exterior access ramps
- Installation of grab bars in bathrooms
- Installation of safety and security devices such as smoke detectors and deadbolt locks on doors
- Construction and installation of chair platforms and bedrails
- Minor plumbing and electrical problems may also be addressed
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 631-2744
Services are provided at no cost, however, donations are encouraged.
All services of the Seniors Assistance Program are funded through the Older Americans Act Title IIIB federal grant program, the Florida Department of Elder Affairs, Senior Resource Alliance, United Way of Brevard, Brevard County Board of County Commissioners Community Based Organizations Program and private donations.