World's Greatest Baby Shower - Titusville, Florida - May
SATURDAY, MAY 4, 2013
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Searstown Mall, Titusville
Free to New and Expectant Parents
WORLDS GREATEST BABY SHOWER COMING TO SEARSTOWN MALL MAY 4
The World's Greatest Baby Shower is coming to Searstown Mall, Titusville, on Saturday, May 4 from 9 AM to 1 PM.
The free event targets expectant or new parents with over forty educational exhibitors, light refreshments and many door prizes. Seminars include Car Seat Safety, Nutrition for Your Baby, an "Ask A Doc"panel and H.U.G.Your Baby - Birth to One. A nationally and internationally renowned physician, Dr. Wil Blechman will address Infant and Toddler Brain Development.
Event is sponsored by The University of Florida/Brevard County Extension, Kiwanis Club of Titusville, Parrish Medical Center, The Children's Center, B.E.T.A. of Titusville, Inc., Brevard County Health Department/WIC and Jess Parrish Medical Foundation. For more info call (321) 633-1702 extension 228 or 230.
Parrish Medical Center Press Release -- April 15, 2013
World's Greatest Baby Shower Is Coming to Titusville
FREE event will reassure new and expectant parents about their role as mom and dad
TITUSVILLE, FLA. (April 12, 2013)—The World's Greatest Baby Shower will be held Saturday, May 4 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Searstown Mall, 3550 South Washington Ave., Titusville. The FREE event will reassure new and expectant parents about their role as mom and dad with the help of experts in a variety of infant and child-related fields.
This annual FREE event will have over 30 exhibitors plus seminars, comfortable air conditioning, and hundreds of dollars-worth of door prizes for participants, as well as convenient parking. For additional information call 321-633-1702, ext. 230 or ext. 228.
Seminars will include:
- The "Ask a Doc" panel will give parents the opportunity to meet North Brevard medical experts and gather a wealth of information about prenatal, delivery and infant care.
- Cara Starkey, nurse practitioner and certified nurse midwife at Parrish Medical Center, received her Masters of Science in Nursing and Certificate of Nurse Midwifery at Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing in Hayden, Ky. She has worked as a labor and delivery nurse and high-risk obstetrics. She has been in the midwifery field since 2007.
- Gregory Gullikson, DMD, has practiced dentistry in Titusville since 1990, and has volunteered his time at The Children's Center teaching children how to care for their teeth.
- Pediatrician Douglas Barimo, MD, of North Brevard Children's Medical Services, will share his expertise in medical and healthcare for infants through early childhood. Dr. Barimo has over 25 years of pediatric experience in Brevard County.
- Rita Jordan, RN, international board-certified lactation consultant, Parrish Medical Center: "I love helping empower new moms through education, and assist them to successfully breastfeed and care for their newborns."
World's Greatest Baby Shower organizational and sponsor members are the University of Florida/Brevard County Extension Service, Kiwanis Club of Titusville, B.E.T.A. of Titusville, Inc., Brevard County Health Department/WIC, The Children's Center, and Parrish Medical Center.
- Infant/Toddler Brain Development: Dr. Wil Blechman is a rheumatologist who developed a major interest in children's issues as a result of his work with Kiwanis. A past president of Kiwanis International, Dr. Blechman was instrumental in developing the organization's ongoing worldwide program, "Young Children: Priority One," which focuses on children from before birth through age 5. In 2009, he was made an honorary member of the Florida Pediatric Society and is listed in Marquis "Who's Who® in America." In addition, Dr. Blechman is very interested in recent research on brain development in the preschool child, and is part of a Florida team that speaks to this issue.
CLICK FOR BIOGRAPHY
- H.U.G. Your Baby — Birth to One: Kimberly Spain-Severson, director of B.E.T.A. of Titusville, Inc., will share knowledge from her varied fields of expertise. She is certified as a "H.U.G. Your Baby" instructor, child passenger safety technician, lactation counselor, labor doula, childbirth educator and teen educator. Kim is the mother of four sons.
- Car Seat Installation: Expert Gayle Whitworth, a certified child safety instructor, will share car seat safety issues, including proper selection, how to check that your baby's car seat is properly installed, and where to take classes on infant car seat safety. Whitworth has been with the University of Florida Brevard County Extension service for 17 years.
- Nutrition for Your Baby: Beth Shepherd has been a nutritionist with the Brevard County University of Florida Extension service for the past 14 years. Beth has her Bachelor of Arts in Child and Family Development plus Food and Nutrition from Carson Newman University, Tenn., and Master of Arts in Public Administration from University of Central Florida.
Gayle Whitworth, Exhibit Chair of World's Greatest Baby Shower, will handle Car Seat Safety seminar for new and expectant parents.
Heading to the World's Greatest Baby Shower is one happy 13 month old. Event targets babies two and under.
Showing the display board of lucky prize winners for prior year is Barbara Iwanicki of Kiwanis Club of Titusville
BACK to the Festivals Page
Festivals are annual events. This page will be here even after the event.
You can anticipate a similar event next year. It will be updated when the new information becomes available.