Sunday: March 26th
Anniversary Events at Sand Point:
FISHING INDUSTRY HISTORY AND DEMONSTRATIONS: 12:00 - 4:00
- Church services: 11:00 - 12:00 - presented by "Churches One"
- Olde-Fashioned Family Picnic: 12:00 - 4:00
- Vendors - Food Vendors: Noon - 4:00
- Vintage Car Show, Vintage Police Car & Fire Truck: 12:00 - 4:00
- Chairperson: Jolynn Nelson
ON STAGE Starting at 1:00 pm
- Kids Cane Pole Making & Fishing Contest: Chairperson: Laurilee Thompson
- Make Cane Poles in Pavilion and fish off back in back of Pavilion
- Trophies for smallest & largest fish caught (2 trophies)
- Cast Netting demonstration 1:00: Gene McCormick (Throw Cast Net on Grass area)
- Fly Fishing & Fly-Tying demonstration 1:30: Gary & Avery Gillett, Renzetti, Inc.
- Crabbing: Larry Bucurel (display crab traps) Duck Hunting: Jim Clark
- Showing at Pavilion: Titusville DVD will loop as background to Fishing Industry Display and Presentations
- Recognize Pioneer Families: 1:00 - 2:00
Presentations by Diana Barnhart & Ben Warren assisted by Jolynn Nelson - Presentation of Titusville 150th Anniversary Pins to pioneer families. Collection committee of families (surnames) who settled here 1860-1920 - Chairpersons: Polly Schuster, Ben Warren, Bill Gary, Josephine Wooten, Brenda Gray, Kirk Davis.
- Fearless Improv Brigade (F.I.B.) 2:15 - 3:30pm
- Best Beard Contest: Begins 3:45: Judged by local barbers
- Best Period Custom Contest (Child, Man & Woman) Contests: Judged by ...
Trophies awarded for Best Beard and each category for Best Period Custom
Plans to refill the Time Capsule in December 2017.
Don't forget to give your suggestions and drop off at box located at the North Brevard Historical Museum Downtown.
We invite community organizations and businesses to do their own celebrations throughout the year. List your events with GTR and you can use the official anniversary logo and we will help promote your event.
For more information, contact:
Executive Director, Greater Titusville Renaissance, Inc.
2323 South Washington Avenue, Suite 102
Titusville, FL 32780
Stay tuned for updates.
Updated March 9, 2017
Want to see what we did 50 years ago?
Titusville, Florida Centennial — 1867-1967
Historical Booklet and Program
Countdown In History
Back to the 150th homepage